Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kiting at Union Island

Walter here...

We had a good, quick sail over to Union island, with strong winds well
behind the beam. We had the lines out, but no bites.

Union Island is a wonderful spot. I had misgivings when I got here
with regard to the kiting, but they were unfounded. It has blown 20
kts consistently since we got here. I am working on backroll
transitions and making the biggest possible splash. I am in flat water
for a change, and liking it. If I want srf, I just tack out a narrow,
shallow channel in the reef.

The rest of the crew are enjoying a relaxing time reading a
snorkeling. There were a few good finds in the book exchange at the
local yacht club. (yes, there is one, and it is pretty nice..

The town is quaint and colorful, supplies are available and Dawn
spotted a few lobster in a nearby reef a week ago, and we need to try
to catch them.