Monday, March 1, 2010

Paul has arrived in St. Lucia

Laurie's brother Paul arrived here on Sunday after leaving Calgary at suppertime on Saturday night. His wife Alida has stayed home to enjoy the company of her sister and nieces. His flight came in on time but he was a very tired boy having had NO sleep on any of the flights. He flew Calgary to San Fransisco and from there to Miami and Miami to St. Lucia. Laurie and I arranged a taxi for him and Laurie went with Foxy Johnny on the hour and a half drive to the southern tip of the island to the International Airport.

I was out at the boat in the bay awaiting the call from the boys on the VHF radio. When I heard they arrived, I packed up our beer, snacks and headed into the lagoon where many Americans and Canadians gathered to watch the big hockey game! The Bread Basket was closed, but they allowed us to come in complete with snacks and drinks.





Here is a photo of last Wednesday's gals afternoon out! I will not be in attendance for the next two weeks due to Paul's visit, but when we return, I'll do this activity again!


We will be heading to Marigot later today and will do dinner out. After that, we plan to sail to the Pitons and enjoy some snorkelling and maybe get Paul out on a land tour of St. Lucia. On Friday, we plan to return to Rodney Bay where we'll treat Paul to the "Jump Up" (street party). On Saturday, wind permitting, we'll head up to Martinique where we'll NOT get involved in any more Carnivals!

I know, I know...another sunset! We just can't take this stuff for granted!