Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Photos of Sanday Island

Laurie participates on a morning Ham Radio net. I have placed this one here for Marty and Don back in Canada who talk to him daily. Hi Marty and Don!


For some reason, the squid loved the cool shade under and around our boat. After a snorkel, we discovered over 120 of them all in a line under Cat Tales! What a beautiful sight!



With no wind, it was so hot I couldn't stand it anywhere on the boat, so I had my second cup in the water. I wasn't long getting into the shade of the hulls to stay really cool!

While on Sandy Island, we discovered a poor tortoise who had been left there as a prank by a local. Garry and Linda from July Indian decided to take it by dinghy to the bigger island of Carricou where it would have some shade, fresh water, and perhaps a friend or two.

On Earth Day, the three Canadian boats; Cat Tales, July Indian, and Magique did our part and cleaned up the island. It took less than an hour and it surely looks much better now!


On our way to Grenada from Sandy Island, we were fortunate enough to catch this big eyed tuna!


We're not sure the tuna was as happy as we were.
I have a video of the dolphins, but I will try to post it in the morning for tomorrow's viewing!
Mike and Anne O'Brien will be arriving within the next couple of hours, so we'll be busy again!
Toodles, Dawn