Friday, March 27, 2009

Wifi problems solved

Robbyn and Tyle came to my rescue yesterday and provided me with a URL where I could download the driver (software) for the network device Robbyn had given me back in the late fall. I'm now up and running although the alpha gizmo doesn't seem quite as powerful as the enGenius device I managed to wreck! Thanks Robbyn and Tyle for the Tech Support!

Last night, we had a lovely meal with Diane Goodwin, her daughter Liz, her visiting brother Paul, and a new family friend - a local Lucian named Anthony. It's always nice to hear a teacher sounding off about her day at school when I doing other things unrelated to the teaching field! We got our laundry done while we dined...how nice!

On our way to Diane's, we passed a guy who looked familiar to us. He immediately said, "I know you! Oh my, is it Cat Tales?!" It turned out that it was Bill from the boat 'Songbird'. We met Bill and Pam up in Bermuda sometime towards the end of November just before we headed south. They had been sailing direct from the coast of the US to the BVI and were involved in a bit of bad weather. They had to head north to avoid the worst of it, however, their furling system for the main sail was totally wrecked and nearly cost Bill his life when he tried to secure the flailing thing out in the high seas. Consequently, they were stuck in Bermuda in much cooler weather until January 7th. We'll find their boat today and see if they're up for the Friday night Jump-up in Gros Islet. The two Johnnies have decided that they're going, so likely we will too.