Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wifi Troubles


My enGenius wifi device has decided to take a hissy fit. The connection at the end of the device started to be a little wiggly over the past weeks and yesterday it became disconnected from the unit entirely and floated freely inside the gizmo. Laurie tried gluing it which didn’t work, so I sat and thought for a bit and decided that maybe a pair of vice grips would hold the connections together for a time. It worked for me yesterday and hopefully today I’ll get a wee bit more out of it, however, I need to get a plan B. These types of devices aren’t something you see in the local stores, but I have a similar gizmo onboard loaned to me by Robbyn Fallon. However, I’m missing the software to run it. You know, you know, the hell here never ends!

I can still check and send email through the Ham Radio, however, it’s a mess of wires (not much different from the present state of the enGenius!) and takes a bit of time. When I get a wifi connection, I can actually put pictures on the blog as well.

On another note, I thought you’d like to see our back yard at sunset. The green flash does exist and it’s even more visible with the use of binoculars!

We’re heading in to see John and John this afternoon as Laurie and John F. have a couple of books on the history of St. Lucia to trade.

Tonight, we have been invited to Diane Goodwin’s and her daughter Liz’ for dinner where she is entertaining her brother for the week. (If you remember, she’s the teacher from Fredericton who is doing a one year term here at the International Private School.) Apparently her brother Paul will be doing the cooking, how sweet is that?