Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We're in the water

Wednesday 5:00 pm

This was a hectic morning. We did a load of laundry and then I headed up to the office to pay up and get my pass for the crew to put Cat Tales back in the water for 1:00 pm. After all the paperwork was completed, one of the gals asked if we'd mind going in at 10:00 instead of 1:00. I politely said that it wouldn't be a problem and left the building. I then broke out into a run to the boat and told Laurie that we had to step it up and get things organized for our new splash time. I had to hang wet laundry all over the boat, take the covers from the windows and wash them, take the little tent affair off and coil the hose and electrical cords. Laurie decided that he NEEDED something at the store and left me alone with the list! He arrived back and started assembling the piece of material he bought to make a splash plate under the step...something we've been meaning to do for a few years, but I just didn't expect him to get the job done only minutes before they boys arrived.

Everything went fine and we're now out in this dirty harbour sweating in the dropping sun. Laurie and I are going to go back to Peake's tonight for a shower, then we'll walk to the next marina and have dinner. Once the sun goes down, the temperature outside is beautiful. No sweaters necessary whatsoever! Tomorrow, we'll visit customs and they can decide when we leave and how much trouble they want to put us through. There's so much paperwork done here, it's crazy. I'm not getting Internet out here in the bay and may have to send this tomorrow.

35 degrees inside the boat
air conditioner packed away
Chagauramas
Trinidad